If judge grants his shock probation does he get out right there n then? If she denies does he do more time or same time?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

Hopefully it's granted

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carmine John Giardino

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . He has to be processed out, but that won't take too long. A person is not penalized for filing a motion for shock probation so more time will not be added if the motion is denied.

    If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and... more
  2. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If it's granted, he will be released fairly quickly. If it's denied, he's transferred back to TDC to finish serving his original sentence.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
  3. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . If a TDC inmate is granted shock probation and has no other holds, typically the inmate is taken back to the county jail, a warrant check is run, and the prisoner is released to serve probation.

    Denial of shock probation does not increase the sentence.

    Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,512 answers this week

3,140 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,512 answers this week

3,140 attorneys answering