If it's not specified in a contract, are confidentiality policies still in effect bet client and agency?

New York, NY |

I signed a contract hiring a private investigator to do some work for me. After two days, I ceased the investigation because I felt misled about some aspects of the case.

The report I received from that detective looked like it was written by an attorney and it skewed heavily in favor of the people under investigation. The report also defamed me. I think he purposefully disclosed my information to the people under investigation and that they were the ones who wrote the report for him. The PI wouldn't voluntarily pay an attorney to prepare investigative reports which would cost him at least 800 to 1,000. Can I sue for this?

You should speak to an attorney with copies of your documents if you think this is true.

I'm not sure I follow the question. You hired a detective to report on an attorney and then that attorney (you think) helped the detective write the report, which defamed you? I am sure you are mis-using the word "defamed" so please explain how you believe were defamed. What are your damages?

I may be guessing or not licensed in your state. No atty/client relationship exists. I earn my living collecting points for "helpful" answers.

I hired a PI to work on a case for me regarding some people who are harassing me. I think he leaked the information of the case to people under investigation and that these same people were the ones who wrote the report for him. My damages are that he breached a confidentiality clause and still got paid by me for the work.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business