If it is your first felony at all, would could happen? Its for forgery/fraud.

Asked 12 months ago - Franklin, KY

My boyfriend and I got charged with forgery I suppose, I'm not of what our actual charge is. Its for trying to cash a check that didn't belong to us. I myself, will probably only get charged with accessory, b/c I did not try to cash the check myself, I gave the bank a phone number to get ahold of the person the check belonged to. My friend at the time was the one who had stolen the check and filled it out, my boyfriend tried cashing it bc she put it out in his name. He did try cashing it, they wouldn't let him, so I went in to and gave them phone numbers. We already have been arrested on warrants and got out on $5,000 surety bond. We have court again December 10th. I was wondering if you could tell me what you think will happen. This is my FIRST felony.

1. Frank Mascagni III

2

Answered . Both of you need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP. This is a felony charge. www.kacdl.net
    Stop posting information online. The crime may be Theft By Deception, Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument, Theft By Unlawful Taking, etc.

You both need legal representation.

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . What will most likely happen is not what you think will happen. What I think will happen is not always what happens, at all. What will happen is that eventually you will be placed in the custody of a prison if you do not start conforming your actions to the requirements of the law. You may well walk on this, your very first felony.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,
    Frank Mascagni III
    Frank Mascagni III, Criminal Defense Attorney - Louisville, KY
    Posted 12 months ago.

Hire a private attorney or ask the judge to appoint you a public defender at the first court date, if you qualify. There may be the option of a felony pretrial diversion program in your jurisdiction. Ask your attorney.