Skip to main content

If it is court ordered that we are to appear for paternity testing and the father failed to appear then what can i do?

Augusta, ME |

I want to move this along more quickly? He has not filed any of the paperwork he had only 21 days to file to the court and i believe he is in contempt of court for not filing his paperwork... it would seem he is delaying everything on purpose due to his relationship! He has never denied paternity of our son until we went to our case conference not even a month ago. he has always asked for account information to do direct deposit for our son to help support him and has given me his medical background for our son's medical file so why do all that if you truly believed a child wasn't your's? I just need help I am doing this on my own as i can't afford to pay a lawyer!!!

Attorney Answers 1


You need to contact a local attorney to represent you right away.

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics