If immigration reform passes, which fields will be eligible for STEM green cards?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

Which fields will be eligible for green cards should the bill pass? I have heard biology and biomedicine won't be. So which other will?

It is best to ignore proposed laws. Bills always change. Much of what is being proposed has been proposed in the past. You should wait until law is proved that may help you.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Kevin Lawrence Dixler

One suggestion is for your employer to support proposed laws In Congress. The challenge is that if you pay to close attention it can really make you very frustrated.

I agree with my colleague. The proposed law will change significantly IF any of it becomes law. Even if a law is passed, a committee or some other body must decide just how the law will be implemented. The only thing that we can be sure of now is that what ever is proposed now will not become law exactly as proposed. We will have to "hurry up and wait."

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info

its impossible to guess on something that does not, yet, exist. lets wait and see

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.