Skip to main content

If immigration is looking for you can they take you without a order? where can you see are the reason they looking?

Turlock, CA |

Case was closed for a couple years with no restrictions

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What is your present immigration status? Your question cannot be answered without more information.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


When you use the words "Immigration is looking for you" it means something has triggered this. Often it is because an Immigration Judge signed an order in a Removal or Deportation hearing at some point, this includes "in absentia" Removal Orders for failure to attend a Removal hearing; or ICE has discovered that a person who was previously deported has returned to the US. (These things can stem from cases that are 10 years old). If this is the case, you might find yourself on a plane going to your home country immediately, no chance for a new hearing to explain yourself ! You need to meet in person with an Immigration Attorney immediately and to go over all your facts to see what can be done. (sometimes there are other matters which make them go look for a person). Take all paperwork from prior immigration and criminal matters with you, as the attorney will need to see those. Good luck to you !


It is difficult to say what is happening in your case. Try calling the hotline with your a# to see if you can get any information there. If they are really after you the best and only choice you have is to contact an immigration attorney.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer