If immigration denies your I-751 based on a fraud marriage from the immigrant spouse, what happens then...

I know that the case goes to a judge, but if the immigrant can not prove that the marriage was entered in good faith whatsoever (for which immigration denied the waiver in the first place), what is the role of the judge in that case and what is he going to look into when reviewing the case brought by immigration. If the immigrant can not prove good faith marriage to immigration, then the same goes for the immigration judge, so in that case what the judge is going to look at and to determine if the immigrant should be deported or not.

New York, NY -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (4)

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

The burden of proof is on you. If you can not prove that your marriage was entered into in good faith, the Judge will probably order you deported.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

You should hire an experirnced immigration attorney. The Immigration Judge is not bound by the decision of USCIS. You will be able to present any and all evidence to show your marriage was Nina for and challenge the findings of USCIS.

Dean P Murray

Dean P Murray

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

You should hire an immigration lawyer rather than leave such an important matter to chance.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You... more
Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

You will have a second chance with the judge. Hire a good lawyer to help you.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.