If Im on probation can I marry my fiancé who is pre release from state prison?

Asked over 1 year ago - Reading, PA

I was hit with 8 years probation in 2009 for a non violent first offense. I ve never violated, all terms and conditions of probation are met and my fiancée's offense is also non violent (dui's). We are trying to find a way to be together when he is released (i also have an attorney trying to help me with early release from probation). Can we marry? State of PA . ( my probation is semi annual reporting and I have a good relationship with my po. I'm a mother of 3 and active in my community)

1. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . You should ask your PO to get their input. Once your fiance is paroled to the community and has a parole officer then I think he should clear it with his PO. Btw, have you asked your attorney this same question?

2. Robert C. Keller

3

Answered . I agree with Mr. Jones. Seek input from your probation officer and your attorney to ensure that you and your fiancé don't violate the terms of your sentence. Once the two are you are able to marry, the two of you may want to consider pre marital counseling to give yourselves the best chance to make it work. Good luck.

3. Michael Kotik

Pro

3

Answered . You should certainty speak with your Probation Officer.