If im not the head of an indictment on conspiracy to distribute a kilo of herion how can i get my relavent conduct?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pittsburgh, PA

im a convicted felon and i never been to jail before

1. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . Talk to your attorney. If you don't have one yet you need to remedy that immediately.

2. Robert C. Keller

5

Answered . Retain a criminal defense attorney who experienced with Federal Court. The attorney will talk to you about potential mandatory sentences, sentencing guidelines and cooperation agreements. Good luck.

3. Brian M. Fishman

Pro

3

Answered . If you're a convicted felon and you've been indicted in federal court for conspiracy to distribute a kilo of heroin, I strongly suggest you immediately contact a criminal defense attorney in Pittsburgh who is familiar with federal court. You indicate that you've never been to jail before. However, if convicted of this crime, you are certainly facing significant jail time. Once you have an attorney in place, he/she should at a minimum be able to get the criminal indictment or the complaint that's been filed in federal court which will have the basic allegations against you and others involved in the conspiracy. Additionally, your attorney should seek additional discovery from the United States Attorney's Office prosecuting the case. There is some discovery in federal court that you are not entitled to until the matter gets closer to trial, however a reasonable Assistant United States Attorney will provide your attorney with significant discovery early on in the process.

Do not discuss these allegations on any public forum, social media site, etc. Instead, hire an attorney and only discuss the case with him/her. There are many great attorney's on Avvo so you can begin your search here. Most attorneys will offer an initial free consultation. So, take advantage of that opportunity and meet with a few attorneys to see who you feel most comfortable with and who seems to have the experience, knowledge and passion to defend you best.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I wish you the best of luck.

Brian M. Fishman
    fishmanlaw@gmail.com
    www.PhillyCriminalDefense.blogspot.com