If Im 19 And Live In Mass, am I Able to adopt ? Im Work And Im In College. i have 8 nieces and nephews practically raised them.

Springfield, MA |

What Are the age limit to adopting a child? I Tried To Look It Up But No Help :(

1. The issues of adoption aren't just age related - the real question is where are their parents... and why do you want to legally adopt? You should discuss these in detail with a local attorney.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

2. Where are the parents? The is no hard fast rule but you will find some agencies etc set certain age ranges. What you are asking however is to adopt 8 children at the age of 19. They will likely really review your ability to support and care for 8 children. I would be lying if I said I thought it would be approved but there may be a chance. Speak to qualified local counsel about your options.

The above answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship and/ or retention of counsel. This answer is based upon the facts presented and may change if additional information is provided. The rules of the Bar for New York State may require me to advise that this could be construed as attorney advertisement.

3. Any adult (that is person over 18) may adopt in Massachusetts. There is a detailed application that one has to fill out and, if you pass the preliminary requirements (which I will link below), you will have to take a course to become eligible.

Are you saying that you want to adopt the 8 nieces and nephews? That would be quite an ambitious enterprise while trying to work your way through college.

If your nieces and nephews are in or on their way to foster care, the eligibility requirements are somewhat lowered, especially in an emergency situation.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your area who regularly practices in the subject matter which your question is about. You should develop an attorney client relationship with the lawyer of your choice so that your communications will be subject to the attorney client privilege and have the other benefits of a professional relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific matter as partially described in the question.

4. You are eligible file an Adoption as you are over the age of 18 years old. Consult with an attorney about filing in the proper probate and family court - especially in light of your age and the number of children to be involved.

The use of this forum or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Posts provided should not be relied upon for legal advice. Any posts by this author is based upon very limited information provided and should not be considered legal advice. The information provided should be considered general information only. ALWAYS consult with an experienced attorney.