If Im 19 And Live In Mass, am I Able to adopt ? Im Work And Im In College. i have 8 nieces and nephews practically raised them.

Asked over 2 years ago - Springfield, MA

What Are the age limit to adopting a child? I Tried To Look It Up But No Help :(

1. 10

1

Answered . You are eligible file an Adoption as you are over the age of 18 years old. Consult with an attorney about filing in the proper probate and family court - especially in light of your age and the number of children to be involved.

2. 10

Answered . Any adult (that is person over 18) may adopt in Massachusetts. There is a detailed application that one has to fill out and, if you pass the preliminary requirements (which I will link below), you will have to take a course to become eligible.

Are you saying that you want to adopt the 8 nieces and nephews? That would be quite an ambitious enterprise while trying to work your way through college.

If your nieces and nephews are in or on their way to foster care, the eligibility requirements are somewhat lowered, especially in an emergency situation.

3. 11

Answered . The issues of adoption aren't just age related - the real question is where are their parents... and why do you want to legally adopt? You should discuss these in detail with a local attorney.

4. 11

Answered . Where are the parents? The is no hard fast rule but you will find some agencies etc set certain age ranges. What you are asking however is to adopt 8 children at the age of 19. They will likely really review your ability to support and care for 8 children. I would be lying if I said I thought it would be approved but there may be a chance. Speak to qualified local counsel about your options.