If ihave been divorced for a year and did not ask for alimony. Is it prossible to go back to court

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cape Coral, FL

Married 20 ysr. Gave up my career to travel with my husband for his work.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If the divorce decree says you waived your right to alimony, no you cannot go back now and ask for it.

    My preliminary answer to your question is based on the limited information you have provided and should be used as... more
  2. Answered . I agree with the prior answer. You needed to resolve this at the time it was at issue. A final judgment resolved the pending matters.

  3. Answered . Unless you can prove some sort of fraud in you agreeing to waive alimony, you will not be able to go back and ask for alimony.

    The answering of this question is just friendly advise, and in no way legal advise, nor create an attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,247 answers this week

3,788 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,247 answers this week

3,788 attorneys answering