If ihave been divorced for a year and did not ask for alimony. Is it prossible to go back to court

Cape Coral, FL |
Filed under: Alimony

Married 20 ysr. Gave up my career to travel with my husband for his work.

If the divorce decree says you waived your right to alimony, no you cannot go back now and ask for it.

My preliminary answer to your question is based on the limited information you have provided and should be used as guidance not legal advice. My response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with the prior answer. You needed to resolve this at the time it was at issue. A final judgment resolved the pending matters.

Unless you can prove some sort of fraud in you agreeing to waive alimony, you will not be able to go back and ask for alimony.

The answering of this question is just friendly advise, and in no way legal advise, nor create an attorney-client relationship. For legal advise you should contact an attorney with detailed information about your situation, so he or she can better assist you. - Scott Weiss, Esq.

Recommended articles about Divorce