If ice is auditing i9s should i get a personal lawyer before an interview? the company has one rep them, but not me.

Charlotte, NC |
Filed under: Immigration

the company is getting i 9 audited. shoul i get a personal lawyer for an interview with ice officials seeing i am the one hiring. the company has one that represents them

1. If you are slated to be interviewed by ICE, I definitely recommend hiring an immigration attorney and speaking to the attorney before the scheduled interview. Anytime you make contact with ICE, there is necessarily a risk of removal from the United States, as well as criminal prosecution for various immigration-related crimes.

I strongly advise consulting with an immigration attorney before filing any papers with immigration, particularly if the person for whom you are filing has any past negative immigration or criminal history and is in the United States. There is always a risk of removal from the United States.

Good luck to you.

Angela Bortel
    Sole Member and Attorney
    The Bortel Firm, LLC
    701 4th Ave. S., Ste. 500
    Minneapolis, MN 55415
    www.bortelfirm.com
    info@bortelfirm.com
    612.208.7228

Admitted to practice in California and Minnesota

Consultations available in person, by telephone and now by Skype!

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.