Skip to main content

If ICE arrest an alien will the person they are living with get prosecuted in accordance with 8 USC § 1324?

Ashburn, VA |

Also, if ICE doesn't pursue prosecution can anyone else?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    I believe you are referring to harboring illegal alien. The feds are more focused on applying the statute to businesses who provide living arrangements and transportation to illegal aliens for the purpose of using the illegal in their business for profit. Since you are referring to a federal statute, the only entity that can legitimately prosecute under this statute is the federal government.

  2. Not usually.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  3. Depends on the case particulars and its gravity, if that alien had some terrorist ties, biological or nuclear weapon components, I would not be surprised if others may be charged in that event for harboring such defendant.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics