If I work out of status, can I have problems with getting green card through my husband .

Asked almost 2 years ago - Galveston, TX

Hello. I got married 2 months ago, now I want to apply for green card..befor merriege I had a tourist visa and I worked with this visa , I stil work now out of status....do you think is going to be a problem to get green card through my husband????

1. Gen Kimura

1

Answered . Hi,
    Congratulations on your marriage.
    It is a potential problem which should be fully reviewed by an immigration attorney before you apply for a permanent residency status.
    Wish you the best.

2. Karen-Lee Pollak

1

Answered . You need to consult with an attorney. Howevber, if oyu are marrying a US citizen you should be fine as long as you disclose that you worked.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Depends on whether you marry a US citizen or someone else.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

4. Andre R. Olivie

1

Answered . You will only be fine if your husband is a U.S. Citizen. You should work with an immigration lawyer since you are out of status and could be placed in deportation proceedings if you do not do everything correctly. You can find out more information about the adjustment of status application on my website at www.olivielaw.com

Andre Olivie
    Immigration Lawyer
    (206) 724-1940 - Call Anytime
    www.olivielaw.com

5. Luis Alberto Guerra

Answered . No problem if you are married to a US citizen.