If i withdraw my i-130 does that clear me of marriage fraud?

Endeavor, WI |

So I have been in a marriage for almost a year now, and originally I married because I thought i was in love. Later, as in the first couple months of being married, I learned that he did not feel the same way. I stayed married so he could obtain his citizenship because I felt compelled to do so. I love him. But now, after we have gone to the interview, our relationship is obviously not the same as it once was. The officer suspected us, and was then sent a letter of "intent to deny". I have done some research, and with that I feel no matter what he will be denied. He is very angry and making death threats to me. Even blackmailing me. I need to withdraw my i-130 but even so, he says he will tell USCIS. I just want everything to look good on my end. Will this help?

1. You may withdraw your petition. Unless you are the one receiving immigration benefit, the consequences will be on him, not on you.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com

2. no, but it is a good first step

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

3. I mostly agree with both of my colleagues. However, even withdrawing the I-130, there is a possibility of consequences for you, even though there is a very low probability of those consequences attaching.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.