If i withdraw my i-130 does that clear me of marriage fraud?

Asked over 2 years ago - Endeavor, WI

So I have been in a marriage for almost a year now, and originally I married because I thought i was in love. Later, as in the first couple months of being married, I learned that he did not feel the same way. I stayed married so he could obtain his citizenship because I felt compelled to do so. I love him. But now, after we have gone to the interview, our relationship is obviously not the same as it once was. The officer suspected us, and was then sent a letter of "intent to deny". I have done some research, and with that I feel no matter what he will be denied. He is very angry and making death threats to me. Even blackmailing me. I need to withdraw my i-130 but even so, he says he will tell USCIS. I just want everything to look good on my end. Will this help?

1. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

Answered . You may withdraw your petition. Unless you are the one receiving immigration benefit, the consequences will be on him, not on you.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com

2. Neil Ian Fleischer

Pro

Answered . no, but it is a good first step

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I mostly agree with both of my colleagues. However, even withdrawing the I-130, there is a possibility of consequences for you, even though there is a very low probability of those consequences attaching.