If I were to re-enter US, would I be arrested by airport immigration since i have a pending probation violation for DUI (alcohol

Miami, FL |

Got the DUI shortly before my student visa expired and so I had to leave the country before my first court hearing

I don't know because I don't practice immigration law. My suggestion to you is to repost this question under the Practice Area "Immigration" so as to bring it to the attention of our attorneys who have experience in this specialized area of law. Good luck, I hope you receive a favorable response to your question.

Jonathan Burton Blecher

Jonathan Burton Blecher

I agree that immigration law is highly complex and I routinely consult with immigration attorneys for my client's benefit.

If a bench warrant has been issued against you then it will likely show upon application for admission. Contact an criminal attorney to discuss the matter.

Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

How can I find out if a bench warrant has been issued for me? Thanks!

Nicolette Glazer

Nicolette Glazer

The best way is to contact an attorney in the jurisdiction where the prob violation is pending and have the attorney make an inquiry and arrange for a surrender and recall the warrant.

If a warrant has been issued for your arrest you may be arrested when you return to the U.S. If you are incarcerated then the immigration consequences could be great. I suggest you contact and attorney as soon as possible to fix this.

Gabriela M. Lopez, Esq.
www.landerholmlawoffice.com

How can I find out if a warrant has been issued for me? Thanks!

You could be if there is an outstanding warrant for your arrest.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Jonathan Burton Blecher

Jonathan Burton Blecher

Contact me and I can make the discrete inquiry. 305.321.3237

You will almost definitely be detained aby ICE and held for the Miami Dade Police Department to arrest you on the warrant and transport you to the Dade County Jail for booking. It's likely that even if you post bond on that probation violation charge you will have an ICE hold placed upon you and possibly be transferred to ICE custody until a review of your status is done.

I have dealt with these situations and will be happy to speak with you about trying to resolve these issues.

Jonathan Blecher
Miami, Fl
305.321.3237

Every case and situation is different and vary greatly depending on specific facts. My posts are not to be considered complete answers to each question. My posts do not constitute an attorney/client relationship.