If i was to get approved for the Dreamers Obama deferred action, Could I do a adjustment of status?

Asked over 2 years ago - Conyers, GA

I have all the requirements needed for the deferred action. I am married to a naturalized U.S. citizen. I wanted to know if I could get my green card this way,If i was to get approved for deferred action.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Instructions should be online by next week. Problem is that you need a lawful entry or section 245i eligibility to adjust status.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. James B. Hernan

    Contributor Level 13
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . The final rules have not come out; however, you may benefit from the provisional waiver process that is also supposed to be announced soon. You can get more information about that process at www.uscis.gov/provisionalwaiver. I strongly suggest that you speak with an immigration attorney to discuss your eligibility for both the deferred action process and the waiver process. There are also some pros and cons that you should discuss with the attorney.

    Jamie Hernan
    Hernan Law Firm
    Serving Immigration Clients Throughout Georgia
    Telephone: (678) 275-4000
    Free initial consultations

    DISCLAIMER: This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationsip has been, or will be,... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Possibly. We need to wait for USCIS to release more information.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Deferred action

Deferred Action is a policy that allows qualifying immigrants to receive employment authorization and have removal proceedings delayed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,100 answers this week

2,778 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,100 answers this week

2,778 attorneys answering