If i was to get approved for the Dreamers Obama deferred action, Could I do a adjustment of status?

Asked over 2 years ago - Conyers, GA

I have all the requirements needed for the deferred action. I am married to a naturalized U.S. citizen. I wanted to know if I could get my green card this way,If i was to get approved for deferred action.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

1

Answered . Instructions should be online by next week. Problem is that you need a lawful entry or section 245i eligibility to adjust status.

2. James B. Hernan

Best Answer

Answered . The final rules have not come out; however, you may benefit from the provisional waiver process that is also supposed to be announced soon. You can get more information about that process at www.uscis.gov/provisionalwaiver. I strongly suggest that you speak with an immigration attorney to discuss your eligibility for both the deferred action process and the waiver process. There are also some pros and cons that you should discuss with the attorney.

Jamie Hernan
    Hernan Law Firm
    Serving Immigration Clients Throughout Georgia
    Telephone: (678) 275-4000
    Free initial consultations

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . Possibly. We need to wait for USCIS to release more information.