If I was injuried in a car accident but already have a open case for another injury will it affect my current case I have open?

Las Vegas, NV |

My pain got worse then it already was. I was in a car accident last year and got injuried but I got into another accident and my pain got worse then it already was. If I open a new case will it affect my case thats already open from last year?

1. There being no simple answer, the answer is - probably. Many factors need to be addressed. Schedule a meeting with your present attorney asap. Some people mistakenly assume they should not inform their present attorney.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. Your lawyer is in the best position to advise you

3. Yes -- talk to a personal injury attorney about these mattes.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

4. Most likely yes. The fact of the matter is that you need to consult with your current motor vehicle attorney to review the facts of your case and advise you further given your recent injuries.

5. First, do not be concerned. This is a common issue and a good attorney will know how to manage the situation. If you have an attorney I would let that attorney know right away. If you don't I would definitely speak with one because a lot depends on how the next few weeks and months are managed. Many factors are important. Your attorney and your medical providers will need to know how you were feeling before, how you are feeling now, and whether there are medical examinations or imaging studies that can assist in evaluating the issue. Again, no need to worry. This happens all the time. But it is certainly not something you should deal with alone.

6. It really depends on the type and severity of injuries and length of treatment. However, the short answer is that yes both cases may be affected in some way. If you don't have an attorney for one or both of these cases you need to get one as soon as you can and make sure these two cases are handled in a way most advantageous to you. I or any of the other Avvo contributors would be happy to provide a free consultation.

7. Anything is possible. You need to alert your current attorney about the more recent accident. Your attorney will know how to handle the situation..

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

8. An insurance company will Look at your injuries just prior to the accident and then will look at your injuries after the new accident and will evaluate your claim based in what they find was caused by the new accident. You really need to hire an attorney to help you with these issues. I noticed that Ryan Anderson answered your question and he is a great attorney who will help you with all your needs.