If I was injured in a car accident in Las Vegas but live in Los Angeles, can I hire a Las Vegas attorney but be treated in L.A.?

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

Went to my medical doctor but was told they cannot treat me because injury was caused by a car accident.

1. Troy L. Atkinson

7

Answered . Yes, you may treat with doctors in L.A. Your Las Vegas attorney will be able to authorize treatment on a lien basis (meaning the medical bills are paid when a settlement is reached) if necessary.

2. Tanya Marie Bachand

8

Answered . Absolutely. Its not uncommon for doctors to refuse treatment in car accident cases, either because of the insurance headache, or because they don't want to get involved in litigation or be called to court. Just find another doctor to treat you, a good personal injury attorney can help you find one if you need it that will fit into your schedule, location, and personality.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Richard H. Wooster

7

Answered . Yes, you can and should hire a Las Vegas attorney right away. You may treat where you are. Your doctor should treat you, but lots don't want to get involved in legal issues.

4. Richard S. Johnson

5

Answered . Absolutely. If you have health insurance, use it. If not, contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

If you would like a free consultation, call me at 702-823-3333. www.naimidilbeck.com
  5. Rodney K. Okano

5

Answered . Yes, that is the way it is typically handled. There are plenty of Doctors that will treat you in Los Angeles for this accident.

6. Michael R Crosner

6

Answered . Yes you can - this is a common. Go to a different doctor who will treat you - have your attorney find one on a lien basis if required..

7. William Berry Palmer

4

Answered . Yes you can be treated in LA for a Nevada case but you will need to retain a Las Vegas personal injury attorney first. If you have any further questions you can respond to this post.

8. Randy William Ferguson

5

Answered . Some doctors do not like to treat accident victims because of insurance and court. You can hire Vegas attorney and get treatment in CA. Easier if Vegas doctor for case if trial needed.

9. J. Scott Dilbeck

2

Answered . Absolutely. We deal with this situation regularly. Las Vegas attorneys can work with CA doctors and even agree to lien treatment if needed. Note that if a lawsuit is necessary it would have to be in NV. Feel free to ask any more detailed questions I'd be happy to answer. Good luck!

10. Howard Robert Roitman

1

Answered . Yes.

Pro

2

Answered . Yep

12. Bruce M Squire

1

Answered . Some doctors don't like to get involved in legal cases and refuse to treat patients injured in car accidents. Sad, but true. YES, you can hire a Las Vegas attorney and YES you can receive your medical treatment at home on LA. Lawyers often have contacts with lawyers in other states. If you need a different medical provider in LA, your lawyer in Las Vegas should be able to get a recommendation from a California lawyer.