Skip to main content

If I was injured in a car accident in Las Vegas but live in Los Angeles, can I hire a Las Vegas attorney but be treated in L.A.?

Las Vegas, NV |

Went to my medical doctor but was told they cannot treat me because injury was caused by a car accident.

Attorney Answers 12

  1. Absolutely. If you have health insurance, use it. If not, contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

    If you would like a free consultation, call me at 702-823-3333.

  2. Yes, you may treat with doctors in L.A. Your Las Vegas attorney will be able to authorize treatment on a lien basis (meaning the medical bills are paid when a settlement is reached) if necessary.

  3. Yes you can - this is a common. Go to a different doctor who will treat you - have your attorney find one on a lien basis if required..

    This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

  4. Yes, you can and should hire a Las Vegas attorney right away. You may treat where you are. Your doctor should treat you, but lots don't want to get involved in legal issues.

    This response does not create a lawyer client relationship. Each case is determined on its specific facts and this reply is intended for a general audience and facts particular to your case may affect the answer. Consult with an attorney in person for specific answers to your questions.

  5. Absolutely. Its not uncommon for doctors to refuse treatment in car accident cases, either because of the insurance headache, or because they don't want to get involved in litigation or be called to court. Just find another doctor to treat you, a good personal injury attorney can help you find one if you need it that will fit into your schedule, location, and personality.

    This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

  6. Yes you can be treated in LA for a Nevada case but you will need to retain a Las Vegas personal injury attorney first. If you have any further questions you can respond to this post.

  7. Yes, that is the way it is typically handled. There are plenty of Doctors that will treat you in Los Angeles for this accident.

  8. Some doctors do not like to treat accident victims because of insurance and court. You can hire Vegas attorney and get treatment in CA. Easier if Vegas doctor for case if trial needed.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

  9. Absolutely. We deal with this situation regularly. Las Vegas attorneys can work with CA doctors and even agree to lien treatment if needed. Note that if a lawsuit is necessary it would have to be in NV. Feel free to ask any more detailed questions I'd be happy to answer. Good luck!

  10. Yes.

    The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

  11. Some doctors don't like to get involved in legal cases and refuse to treat patients injured in car accidents. Sad, but true. YES, you can hire a Las Vegas attorney and YES you can receive your medical treatment at home on LA. Lawyers often have contacts with lawyers in other states. If you need a different medical provider in LA, your lawyer in Las Vegas should be able to get a recommendation from a California lawyer.

    This answer is for general education purposes only. It does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is it intended to provide legal advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics