If I was injured at work, can I still be qualified for workers compensation>

Asked almost 6 years ago - Detroit, MI

I was working for this company and I was injured during a training class that was required through this company. I am four months pregnant and my supervisor is well aware of this. I had to lift someone and drag them from one room to another and I end up pulling a muscle. I went to the emergency and was put on bed rest for two days. My job wanted me to go to their doctor which is Concentra. The doc told my job that I was capable of going back to work. I end up taking the two days off and when I called human resources I was notified that I did a no call no show and that they marked me down for voluntarily quit. I was also informed that I didnt qualify for workers compensation.

1. Jon L Gelman

Answered . You need to ascertain specific law for Michigan.
    Look on the www.wilg.org website for a referral.

2. Victor Fusco

Answered . Get a Detroit Comp attorney immediately. You certainly would be entitled to cimp, at least in New York, I cant imagine Michigan being much different. Also Human Resources action looks suspect. In New York if you are partially disabled and they get rid of you you can get comp and unemployment up to 100% of your former salary...check with a Michigan Comp lawyer to see if a similar rule ap[plies in your state. There may also be an FMLA violation here.

3. Victor Fusco

Answered . Get a Detroit Comp attorney immediately. You certainly would be entitled to comp, at least in New York, I cant imagine Michigan being much different. Also Human Resources' action looks suspect. In New York if you are partially disabled and they get rid of you you can get comp and unemployment up to 100% of your former salary...check with a Michigan Comp lawyer to see if a similar rule ap[plies in your state. There may also be an FMLA violation here.

4. Victor Fusco

One or more answers have been taken down.