Skip to main content

If I was charged with Petite larceny misdemeanor in New York, and I am relocating to Minnesota, can I get it expunged there?

Duluth, MN |

I was charged with falsifying business records, petite larceny, I just want to know if I move to another state if I can get it expunged or sealed when I move from New York to Minnesota.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This would be a question for a New York attorney regarding New York law. You cannot try to expunge a case from another state in Minnesota.

Do not rely on this information. My office accepts clients from Avvo, but this initial impression is not protected by any privilege and is not attorney-client communication. You should consult a lawyer promptly about your legal matter.


This matter must be addressed in NY. Consult with an attorney in that jurisdiction.

Answer is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.


You should secure a NY licensed attorney for assistance with this matter. Generally, such a petition is filed in the county in which the underlying criminal charge was filed. Tricia Dwyer Esq.

MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - ST CLOUD. This law firm may accept avvo posters as clients but this post is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post is to be considered general information which may or may not apply to your personal situation. Please do seek private attorney counsel as to your personal legal issues and needs.


Any expungement must occur in the state where the offense occurred.

Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer