If I was bailed out of jail, can I change my mind if I don't like the terms of the contract

Calabasas, CA |

I was released 2 days ago but i didnt know he wanted my social secuity number

1. No. The person who bailed you out, is legally committed to make the payments, unless you want to lose what was put down and then be put back in jail. Your concern should be trying to fight the charges.....I wish you well.....David Wallin

2. This is really a contracts question. I am redirecting you there.

3. You can't change your mind if you've already signed the contract.

The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal questions can only be fully answered through consultation with an attorney to whom you give full and accurate details. Anything you post here is not confidential and is not protected by the attorney-client relationship. It is highly recommended that you seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting.

4. Disclosure of a SSN is often needed as part of a credit check. Some see it as invasive, but if you are needing to be bailed out for a criminal charge, you probably have more pressing concerns. You really need to read the documents before you sign them.

Without looking at what you signed, it is impossible for this panel to know if it is a binding contract, a lot of factors go into that, but I suspect you would have a steep uphill battle to get out of that contract. Most bondsman are very particular about those terms. It would have to be a significant error before you could get out of the contract.

5. You can always surrender yourself and go back into custody, but whomever signed the contract for the bail bond would still be liable for the bail fee. Your SS# is required for them to do a check on your credit. Once you are released, they have satisfied their part of the contract and you or the person who signed must still pay. I agree that you should focus on fighting the charge.....