If I was bailed out of jail, can I change my mind if I don't like the terms of the contract

Asked 3 months ago - Calabasas, CA

I was released 2 days ago but i didnt know he wanted my social secuity number

1. Greg Hagopian

Pro

5

Answered . This is really a contracts question. I am redirecting you there.

2. David Mark Wallin

4

Answered . No. The person who bailed you out, is legally committed to make the payments, unless you want to lose what was put down and then be put back in jail. Your concern should be trying to fight the charges.....I wish you well.....David Wallin

3. Brian K Wanerman

4

Answered . You can't change your mind if you've already signed the contract.

4. Thomas Westwood Degn

Pro

3

Answered . Disclosure of a SSN is often needed as part of a credit check. Some see it as invasive, but if you are needing to be bailed out for a criminal charge, you probably have more pressing concerns. You really need to read the documents before you sign them.

Without looking at what you signed, it is impossible for this panel to know if it is a binding contract, a lot of factors go into that, but I suspect you would have a steep uphill battle to get out of that contract. Most bondsman are very particular about those terms. It would have to be a significant error before you could get out of the contract.

5. David S. Kestenbaum

Pro

2

Answered . You can always surrender yourself and go back into custody, but whomever signed the contract for the bail bond would still be liable for the bail fee. Your SS# is required for them to do a check on your credit. Once you are released, they have satisfied their part of the contract and you or the person who signed must still pay. I agree that you should focus on fighting the charge.....