If I wanted to get an immigration lawyer to help me fill out my green card application after marriage how much will cost ?

Asked 10 months ago - Miamisburg, OH

If I wanted to get an immigration lawyer to help me fill out my green card application after marriage how much do I need to have money to pay the lawyer + the fees ?

I dont want quot I just want to know the average so i can be prepared

1. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

5

Answered . if you are eligible for adjustment of status in United States without a waiver being required the CIS filing fees are $1490. Each attorney is permitted to set their own fee rate. Attorneys will determine their fee based on a number of factors. You will not obtain a fee quote through this type of forum. You should contact individual attorneys directly for a fee quote.

2. Christopher Michael Pogue

4

Answered . In general, legal fees for a marriage adjustment of status can range anywhere from $1,200 - $6,000. For a basic case you are likely be quoted fees on the low end. If there are complicating factors like criminal convictions, you are likely to see something on the high. Hourly rates range from $100 - $600 per hour depending on the lawyer.

Administration (copies and mailing) costs range from $100 - $250 depending on how much supporting evidence is included in the petition.

Government fees are $1,490 for a basic case.

However I would strongly caution you that the amount you are paying means nothing. Great lawyers are can be cheap and terrible lawyers can be very expensive. What's important is that you trust and get along with the lawyer you hire. If there are reviews of their work available or you know someone that has worked with a lawyer before, this can also give you some insight. To determine if a lawyer has been subject to discipline you can always view their profile on AVVO or check with the state Supreme Court where the attorney is licensed.

3. Marie C. Puertollano

4

Answered . In addition to the 1490 for USCIS, be prepared to pay probably between $1000 to $2000 of attorney's fee. But the attorney's fee greatly varies depending on where you live, the experience of the attorney, the difficulty of the case and many other factors. Good luck!

4. Andrew Marino Bramante

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. The most important thing is to find an attorney with significant experience with whom you feel comfortable - someone who will return your phone calls promptly, explain the process, give you clear instructions, and accompany you to your interview.

5. Irene Vaisman

2

Answered . CIS filing fee is $1,490 and the legal fees depend on the attorney you choose to retain

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  6. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Mr. Brown gave you the information on the immigration fees.

There are photograph, doctor and lawyer's fees ... which are different from place-to-place.

7. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

Answered . Attorneys offer different levels of service and expertise in any immigration case, so you could count on receiving a range of fee quotations in your search for a qualified representative. Filing fees, however, should be exactly $1490.00 including all necessary forms for an adjustment of status based on marriage.