If I wanted to be checking my WC case what's the official web site needing only my name, SS # and date of work injury accident?

Mount Olive, IL |

I've been informed that it's possible to check on my WC case using a web site to get details of my case and to check the status of all motions and filings that exist on my case which was filed in Tomb's county , Georgia . I was injured while working down near Vandalize , Georgia . I believe this is where it was filed .

I would recommend you calling the telephone number 1 800 georgia and ask to speak to someone at the workers compensation department to see if you can get your question answered. Good Luck.

This information should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. It is not intended to solicit clients and does not constitute any type of transaction. Michael Lebovitz expressly disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the information provided. No attorney-client relationship exists without a signed Attorney Client Agreement.

You might wish to ask your WC attorney in Georgia where you can locate the most current information on your case.

http://www.iwcc.il.gov/

This allows you to go to the case information tab.

I still suggest getting a lawyer rather than navigating a very difficult system alone.

Stephen L. Hoffman
Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
Chicago, IL
773-944-9737
Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
Website: www.hofflawyer.com
Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.

Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Stephen Laurence Hoffman

The site given is for Illinois. I presume you can simulate do a google search for Georgia.

Nobody can tell you that information until you tell us whether your claim is filed under Illinois or Georgia law. Where you were hurt is NOT dispositive. You may well have a choice. If you do, Illinois would be more favorable. Discuss this with an experienced WC attorney TODAY.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

Even thoguh you were injured in Georiga, you might still be able to file an Illinois claim if you principal place of employment or contract or hire was in Illinois. I am 95% sure Illinois has much bettter benefits than Georgia so that might be something you need to investigate.

Your question however suggests that you have an attorney and filed case in Georgia so you will need to contract the the Georgia WC Board http://sbwc.georgia.gov/

If you need advice or assistance with an Illinois claim, we have 2 WC attorneys in our Springfield office wiht 20-25 years of experience that woudl be glad to help.

Best of Luck to you.

Larry Alan Apfelbaum

Larry Alan Apfelbaum

sorry for typos...the phone keys are too small :)