If I want to have a fraud report to be on file on one of the I-751 processing centers, can I send them the report and request

that they put it on file for that person. In fact, California processing center for i-751 is in my city, so wouldn't mind if they have the report on that person's file since he will file in that center as his time comes.

Processing centers do not keep inactive files.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

Thanks. I am sorry I did not understand what you meant by that. Which are the inactive files.

Andrew Marino Bramante

Andrew Marino Bramante

Aliens' files are kept at the National Record Center. When a field office of processing center needs to evaluate an alien's application, they get the file, do their work, and return the file to the record center. Neither your local office nor one of the service centers will necessarily have your ex-spouse's file.

Alright, thanks so much for your answer. I was not aware of this as friend of mine told me to also try the Service Center where the I-751 will be filed in the future to request that they keep it in that person's file, but you told me something I was not aware of, so thanks again!

You can send your report directly to the agency if you wish.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Thank you, do you mean the Le's Summit National Benefit's Center

I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Before you file a fraud report, please make sure that you're absolutely certain that there is fraud because filing of this report will carry serious consequences. If you are certain and want to file it, you can just send it to the agency.

If you are certain that fraud was committed, you can send your report to the agency.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Marriage and prenups topics