If I walk away from a mobile home I own, can the park owners legally make me continue lot rent?

Lakeland, FL |
Filed under: Landlord-tenant

I own this MH........park residents are in litigation w/owners because for years they have continued to increase lot rent without keeping any promises and/or putting any money back into the park. The entire park is becoming more and more run down, which not only continues to decrease our values, but makes it impossible for us to rent or sell. I have tried to sell mine for almost 2 years and quite a few around me are just moving out.

You have an obligation to continue paying rent even if you walk away from the mobile home. Failure to do so may result in legal ramifications against you.

www.krrlaw.com

Note: The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

2. Take a look at the documents you signed when you moved into the park. Do you own shares in the park or is it a lease? The answer will depend on what type of legal relationship you have with the park. I would have an attorney look over the documents.

Debra G. Simms
    Orlando
    The Villages
    Volusia County

Landlord-tenant topics