Skip to main content

If i voluntarily turn my car back in can the bank sue for balance of loan?

Mukilteo, WA |

I have a car payment that I'm having trouble paying and was considering voluntarily turning the car back in. If the bank sells the car for less than I owe, can they sue me for the balance left on the car?

Attorney Answers 1


I am not licensed in your state but can offer some general information.

Yes they can.

You should consult a local lawyer to discuss your case and state’s laws.

Good luck.

Robert Kovacs

Mark as helpful