If I've been convicted of felony did jail time am I eligible for exspungement

Austin, TX |

I have 1 coviction and 1 successfully completed deferred ajudacation am I eligible for exspungment?

1. Unfortunately not. Expunction is governed by the code of criminal procedure section 55.01. I have included a link below.

Basically if you have a final conviction you are not eligible for expunction. Additionally if you go through any type of probation you are not eligible. Even deferred adjudication.

2. In Texas, a felony conviction cannot be expunged unless the defendant is pardoned.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

3. The conviction you are stuck with. You may be able to seal the case you did deferred on as long as you didn't pick up any additional cases after you completed the deferred. An attorney in your area should be able to look it up and tell you.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.