Skip to main content

If I think my lawyer has over charged me in the appeal process. What should I do

Las Vegas, NV |

It's a simple family dispute. I won a unanimous jury decision

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Schedule an appointment with him and share your concerns. If they are not resolved in the meeting you can always bring a fee dispute with the bar.

  2. You should begin by discussing these concerns with your lawyer, which may ultimately resolve, any reservations about his or her fee.

    The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

  3. "It's a simple family dispute. I won a unanimous jury decision." That does not make it a simple appeal, and even a relatively straightforward appeal is a major project. I would have expected, in any event, that the financial terms of the appeal would have been agreed upon between you and the attorney beforehand. But every state, so far as I know, has some mechanism to address and resolve fee disputes. Find out how such disputes are handled in your state and, unless you and your attorney are able to clear the matter up between yourselves, initiate the necessary procedure.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics