If I sue my employer for wrongful termination, will it affect my future ability to obtain a green card or citizenship?

Asked 7 months ago - Quincy, WA

I am not currently authorized to work in the United States.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Can you sue? Sure.
    Will it impact on future immigration options? Probably not.
    Could it result in you being arrested now? Maybe, if the employer 'blows' the whistle on you.
    Hire a lawyer.

2. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

1

Answered . Since you are not currently authorized to work in the US you'd be taking the risk that that fact would come to light. There may be some protection from deportation available for whistle-blowers who are undocumented. Hire an immigration attorney who is knowledgeable in employment/labor law, or get an additional opinion from an employment/labor law attorney.