If I sue former tenants for breach of contract (landlord/tenant), would it still be timely? Other options, i.e. credit bureau?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lansing, MI

In March 2005 I the property manager for my parents, was hasty in allowing a couple to move in without a thorough background check. Red flags, i.e. not having the official Michigan lease agreement for them, wanting to outsmart me, i.e. DOWNPLAYING the fact that I was the agent with the law school background, their inmature rush to leave the in-laws should have been a cue...oh well! Even though we later successfully sued the subsequent tenant, their out of wedlock relative, it still nags me that these people had the nerve, during their breached tenancy, to check my id during the presentation, stick in a cat and made me feel bad because I said something racy inappropriate to the wife, etc., as well as damaged the property? Can we still sue them? If not, what?

1. James P. Frederick

Answered . I seriously doubt it. If you were going to sue under the lease, you would have had to have done so, long ago. I am not sure what other claims you would have.

James Frederick