If i started an car accident case with a lawyer and feel can I get a new one?

Newark, NJ |

Car got hit by a tractor trailer Insurance found them liable but nothing has happened from there

The simple answer is yes you can hire a new lawyer. However, before you do that, you should make an appointment with your present attorney and discuss the concerns that you have. There may be a simple answer as to why there is a delay. Some cases take longer than others due to the nature of the injuries or who the insurance company or attorney is on the defense. If you are still not satisfied that he/she is the right lawyer for you, make a change. Be sure to ask any new lawyer if they actually try cases and ask for references. Good luck.

This response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. For more information on our firm, visit our website: www.njpa-law.com.

2. You own your case and you can change lawyers if you want. Before you make a change, you should sit down with your lawyer and find out if there is a legitimate reason for the delay. If you are still unsatisfied after meeting with your lawyer, you should hire a lawyer who works better with you.

3. It is your choice who you have representing you however, there are many things that go on in the background and you may need to have a meeting with your current attorney to see if there is some movement you may not be aware of. If you are still unsatisfied, you can seek new counsel.

Randy Sevenish is licensed to practice law in the State of Indiana. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. Please speak with a local attorney to discuss your potential legal issue.

4. I am not a personal injury attorney but I know more than a few. A typical case can go on for a good number of years with very little happening for long periods of time. I would speak with your attorney first before making any decisions and find out where your case stands. If you feel that the attorney is just making excuses then I suggest speaking with another attorney.

5. Yes, you may change to another attorney at any time. It is best to make changes early on, however. This is because much of what an attorney does with a case can't be changed. Also an attorney may be less likely to accept a case that is older.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

6. Yes, but please consider the excellent advise you've received before proceeding. All the best.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

7. Sure you can but sit down with your attorney and have a face to face out of respect for he or she. Determine why things are not working-if they can be fixed give it a try. If not, seek out an experienced attorney on AVVO using the "FInd a Lawyer" tool bar.

8. You can switch lawyers at any time. Best bet is to get a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee, so you don't get hurt twice. Good luck.

9. Yes. It is your case and you must feel comfortable with the attorney handling your matter. But as the other attorneys stated, you should consult your present attorney first and ask, and have answered, all your questions or concerns. Also, please remember that even if an insurance company admits liability there are many other issues that they consider before offering any settlement.