Skip to main content

If I slipped in something and hurt my back but didn't fall can I still file a lawsuit ?

Gulfport, MS |

I was in a store with my son and his girl and there was dish soap on the floor I seen it but I guess the way the lights was shining on it I didn't miss all of it and I slipped and must have twisted my back now I am having very bad pain in my back can I do any thing about it being that I didn't actually fall?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Theoretically, yes. But you should contact a personal injury attorney in your area to discuss the specifics. Slip and falls are difficult cases and the surrouding circumstances are very important.


Mr. Moorman's comments and advice are right on. You need the evaluation of a qualified attorney.


Likely yes. Hopefully you filed an incident report with the store after you slipped. If not, it is likely that you will have an up-hill battle proving your case. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


You dont have to fall to have a case. These are not easy, and you will likely face a strong comparative fault argument since you saw it before walking thru it. Talk to a local atty asap.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer