If I slipped in something and hurt my back but didn't fall can I still file a lawsuit ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Gulfport, MS

I was in a store with my son and his girl and there was dish soap on the floor I seen it but I guess the way the lights was shining on it I didn't miss all of it and I slipped and must have twisted my back now I am having very bad pain in my back can I do any thing about it being that I didn't actually fall?

1. Gabriel Phillip Moorman

3

Answered . Theoretically, yes. But you should contact a personal injury attorney in your area to discuss the specifics. Slip and falls are difficult cases and the surrouding circumstances are very important.

2. Robert Bruce Kopelson

3

Answered . You dont have to fall to have a case. These are not easy, and you will likely face a strong comparative fault argument since you saw it before walking thru it. Talk to a local atty asap.

3. Kevin Coluccio

2

Answered . Mr. Moorman's comments and advice are right on. You need the evaluation of a qualified attorney.

4. Sean Michael Patrick

2

Answered . Likely yes. Hopefully you filed an incident report with the store after you slipped. If not, it is likely that you will have an up-hill battle proving your case. Best of luck.