If i slipped in a Rite Aide bathroom due to an overflowing broken urinal that they knew of case or no case?

Bellflower, CA |

I ran into rite aid to use there restroom as the bank i was at did not have one. I went to the pharmacy to get the key and it was on the counter available to the public! I grabbed the key and went to the restroom. As i was closing the door behind me i turned around and both feet came out from underneath me and i went straight down to the ground, landing on my hip and lower back area. I reported to the manager and she made a report to corporate and gave me an incident number. She did at one point say i put a sign on the urinal that says its broken and stated that she had just mopped up a mess a few hours ago. No slippy sing was up, its was placed against the wall next to the overflowing urinal. Not to mention i slipped and fell in someone else's urine!!!! Please help!

Not to mention when i asked to go back in the bathroom to take pics the manager at first asked me to wait outside while she took her pics first! I refused to let that happen and finaly she went to get her main manager and she let me take pics with her finaly. My back feels like a really big person is sitting on it and like someone is squezzing my spine!!!

Honestly, based on the limited facts that you have provided, it's hard to tell you one way or another. The best thing you can do right now--other than seek any necessary medical attention--is to contact a local personal injury attorney ASAP to discuss the incident in more detail. Hope this helps.

More facts are needed. Retain a local personal injury lawyer to investigate.

There would need to be negligence, so retain a local lawyer to investigate.

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

If a person suffers harm because of the negligence of another, said victim needs to do the following: First - immediately get medical attention. Second - hire a personal injury attorney. We personal injury type lawyers offer free consultations and take cases on a contingent (meaning our client does not pay unless he or she "wins" money).

With regard to premises liability, an owner of a place open to the public has a duty to make and keep the place reasonably safe. To me, at least, leaving a leaky urinal to continue to spill all over a hard tile floor where it is quite obvious that a person will walk... and slip... and hurt himself (I say himself as the discussion concerns urinals... should the discussion have concerned a toilet, I would have maintained gender neutrality)... sounds like "negligence." However, such a determination really needs to be made after meeting with the victim and gathering all supporting facts, reviewing medical records, and doing some investigating.

Fortunately, most of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take such cases on contingency, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

I suggest that you stop posting the minute details of this incident on the Internet. Some of the things you have said, depending on the state law where this occurred, may affect your ability to successfully pursue this claim.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.