IF i SLIPPED AT MY APT BECAUSE OF NEGLIGENCE OF A LIGHT OUT DO i NEED A LAWYER?

Phoenix, AZ |

sLIPPED AND FELL OFF 3RD STEP FROM BOTTOM, 9:30 PM LAST SUNDAY. aPT MANAGEMENT KNEW OF LIGHT NOT WORKING , BECAUSE i REPORTED IT 5 TIMES. gOT INJURED HURT LEFT KNEE , LEFT FOREARM, UPPER ARM LEFT SHOULDER, RIGHT FOOT, BRUISING . ALL LEFT SIDE EXTREMLY SORE ,WENT TO DR. HE PRESCRIBE MUSCLE RELAXER, PAIN RELIVER, HEAT AND ICE ON KNEE. MISSED 4 DAYS OF WORK AND STILL HAVE PAIN 8 DAY LATER.

1. Don't need an attorney, but you would be well served by at least consulting with an attorney(s). We know the law, how to process a claim and achieve full recovery. Lawyers work for you, not the insurance company. Early investigation is often critical. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. You may need a lawyer, but it probably depends upon what happens hereafter with respect to your injury. Because Arizona is a comparative fault state where the person bringing the claim can be assessed a percentage of fault, premises cases are evaluated on the basis of liability and damages. If the knee problem persists, you should contact a lawyer, but in the meantime report the incident to the apartment complex, but do not agree to provide a written or recorded statement.

3. I agree with Mr. Jones and to expand upon that, make sure you get the apartment's liability carrier information and set the claim up yourself, do not rely on the apartment management company to do that. Also if they took a report of the incident try and get a copy of that. With that said, while you do not NEED an attorney, you should consider talking to one. Handling a personal injury claim can be stressful and daunting to the average individual.

The above statement does not create an attorney-client relationship and the submitting party should not consider the responding their attorney.

4. I agree with the other fine lawyers. In your question you say "I reported it 5 times" (I assume this is prior to the accident). As noted be prepared for the argument that you assumed the risk of your injuries. If there is property insurance, see if there is medical payments coverage afforded under the policy. Medical payments coverage pays for medical bills up to a contracted amount regardless of fault.

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.