If i sign with a bankruptcy attorney and don't with them can i file and sign with another one i sign paper but didn't pay

Toledo, OH |

can i do it ...........can i file by myself

Legal fees are often like any other dischargeable debt. The lawyer may file a claim in your case if significant work has been done. Sure, you can try to do it yourself. The chances of making a serious mistake are pretty high, and we see the questions here from people who try.

Don't file by yourself, bankruptcy is WAY TOO technical. I don't understand the question. You may choose whatever BK attorney you want, and you mayi consult with several before choosing one. Good luck.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.

You can file bankruptcy yourself but you can live to regret it. Some people learn by having an education, others learn the hard way. Hope this perspective helps!

There is no law requiring an attorney to file bankruptcy petition for you. However I would strongly suggest that you consider an experienced attorney in your area. The small fee that an attorney may charge for the correct completion of your bankruptcy petition, is well worth the money and piece of mind.