If I sign a affidavit non procecution on my boyfriend for sexual assult what do I do next to get him out of jail

Seguin, TX |

I was under the influence of meth an iam bi polar manic depressant when all this happen

Hire him a defense attorney. The attorney can file a motion to get his bond reduced. He will use your ANP in support of that motion and may even want you at the hearing. Otherwise, he will remain in jail until he is indicted (with any luck the Grand Jury will reject the case based on your statement in which case he would be released immediately) and the case is disposed of. Hiring an experienced attorney is the quickest way to move the case.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

You pray really hard, that's about it. The state doesn't have to automatically drop it just because you signed an affidavit of non-prosecution. It's up to the prosecutors.

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!

An affidavit of prosecution may help him but will not get the charges dismissed. However, one element of sexual assault is the lack of consent. If you stick with telling the prosecutor that the conduct was consensual they may think very about trying the case.

Austin Assault Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

There was no evidence found in the SANE test an we had consensual sex earlier that day an we contuine with our relation as a couple the next day how much of retainer would I need to hire a lawyer

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

You're not the one that needs the lawyer, he is. If you keep posting facts on here, you may need a lawyer yourself. Call Richard Jones in private and don't post any more facts on a public forum.