If I serve my time for my 2nd DUI will it be over with? Or will there be probation

Clinton Township, MI |

Charge- 2nd DUI
BAC level- .15

1. It differs from court to court, but generally, yes you will likely get some probation in addition to any jail time served. The maximum probation time for OWI is 2 years. You should contact a criminal defense attorney that practices regularly in the court that you're going to. He/she should be able to tell you what to expect. Good luck.

2. Each court is different but usually there is some jail time as well as probation.

3. Depending on the court there will in this situation some jail time and probation, community service, treatment, classes a significant suspension/revocation, additional drivers safety fees, and very high insurance rates. There will be fines and potential interlocks and monitoring. This is very serious and expensive. Get an experienced attorney to attempt to mitigate your damages.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

4. It is a very rare OWI case where jail is imposed that does not also have a tail of probation to follow unless, you were given the statutory maximum jail sentence and the probation department has already indicated in the screening assessment that is part of your pre-sentencing report that you would not be a good candidate for community supervision following jail. Otherwise, expect a period of probation so that the court can attempt to save you from yourself and what the court believes are your bad decisions.