If I serve a defective 3 day notice to perform on my tenant what are my options?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Torrance, CA

I served a 3 day notice to perform or quit on ytenant today but later discovered that when it printed the address of the property did not print onto the notice. Can I repeat this process tomroww with another notice or can this cause me a problem>

1. Brad S Kane

Pro

4

Answered . You can and should should post a new corrected notice with the correct information.

2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

3

Answered . Yes. In fact, your only option (if you wish to preserve your right to file an unlawful detainer lawsuit) is to re-serve the correct(ed) 3 day notice to perform covenant or quit on the tenant.

3. Malosack Berjis

1

Answered . You should ABSOLUTELY post a new notice (and, this time, making sure that it complies with the statute, before posting it).