If I serve a defective 3 day notice to perform on my tenant what are my options?

Torrance, CA |

I served a 3 day notice to perform or quit on ytenant today but later discovered that when it printed the address of the property did not print onto the notice. Can I repeat this process tomroww with another notice or can this cause me a problem>

You can and should should post a new corrected notice with the correct information.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Carol Lynne Zimmerly

Carol Lynne Zimmerly

I agree. It is done all the time. Landlords are allowed to correct the mistake by re-delivering a new and corrected notice. (and if they filed a lawsuit based on the defective notice, they have to dismiss the lawsuit, then deliver the new corrected notice)

Yes. In fact, your only option (if you wish to preserve your right to file an unlawful detainer lawsuit) is to re-serve the correct(ed) 3 day notice to perform covenant or quit on the tenant.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This Avvo.com posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

You should ABSOLUTELY post a new notice (and, this time, making sure that it complies with the statute, before posting it).

I DID THIS TODAY. THANK YOU MALOSACK

Malosack Berjis

Malosack Berjis

You are very welcome.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant