Skip to main content

If I seek primary residence, will my child be forced to change schools? Maine resident.

Auburn, ME |

My ex has filed a motion to modify child support , but our youngest child has lived with me for more than our original court agreement of '50 - 50s for several years now . I have filed for primary residence , but am concerned about uprooting him from his school . Will it be possible for him to remain at his school , if the primary residence is in a different town ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


that is qa question best put to the schoo board. I do not know if you are asking to keep your child in the school district where you live or work, or where your ex lives or works.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis


Another outstanding answer, when will you run out?

Stephen Ross Cohen

Stephen Ross Cohen


Wow my hero, comments positively, I am truly blessed today, thanks Howard


Attorney Cohen gave you a great answer, and the only thing i would add woudl be that the courts will make sure that the best intertest of the children are protected. please work with a local atty and be cautious. take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer