If I report physical abuse and seek help, will my husband be arrested?

Asked over 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

Will my husband be arrested if I report domestic violence and seek refuge with abused women shelfter? Or will it go on his public record?


Attorney answers (1)

  1. Kevin Rindler Madison


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Going to seek assistance with a nattered women's shelter does not necessarily mean that the police will be contacted.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think... more

Related Topics

Domestic violence

Domestic violence is physically, sexually, emotionally, economically, or mentally abusive behavior used to control an intimate romantic partner.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now