If i recieved an acd will my potential employer know what the charge was?

Brooklyn, NY |

this was a petit larceny misdemeanor and i was given a 6month acd....what information will be available on a background check?

1. During the 6 months a background check will show the arrest charge and the ACD.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Different types of employers can access different types of information. If your employer is a City, town, or other governmental agency, a background search will reveal the original charge and the ACD. I've seen municipal background checks where this information has shown up even though it was more than ten years old.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

3. It will depend upon the depth of the check, but most employers will not be able to after the ACD is finalized.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseMarks) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.