If i recieved an acd will my potential employer know what the charge was?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

this was a petit larceny misdemeanor and i was given a 6month acd....what information will be available on a background check?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . During the 6 months a background check will show the arrest charge and the ACD.

2. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

Answered . Different types of employers can access different types of information. If your employer is a City, town, or other governmental agency, a background search will reveal the original charge and the ACD. I've seen municipal background checks where this information has shown up even though it was more than ten years old.

3. Vincent Peter White

Answered . It will depend upon the depth of the check, but most employers will not be able to after the ACD is finalized.