If I posted information about my case on here. But excluded my name case number could it still be incriminating our hurt my case

Asked over 1 year ago - Lodi, CA

If I posted information about my case on here but excluded my name and case number could that still be incriminating

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

9

Answered . Yes, definitely. Therefore, please keep in mind that anything you post on this or any other public website can be used against you. Avvo is not a substitute for getting your own attorney. None of the attorneys responding to questions on this site are your attorney, and thus, the attorney-client privilege does not apply.

2. Seyed Abbas Kazerounian

6

Answered . I agree with counsel. Ip addresses can e subpoenad

3. Paula Brown Sinclair

7

1

Answered . Yes. Anonymity is not guaranteed.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  4. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

1

Answered . An admission in the law of evidence is a prior statement by an adverse party which can be admitted into evidence over a hearsay objection. In general, admissions are admissible in criminal and civil cases.[1][2]
    At common law, admissions were admissible. A statement could only be excluded by a showing of involuntariness, unfairness, or that the circumstances under which the statement was obtained was improper or illegal.
    In the United States, "Admission by a party-opponent" is explicitly excepted from hearsay under the Federal Rules of Evidence. Rule 801(d)(2). Among several types of admissions, the rule notes that an admission can be the "party's own statement" or a statement in which the "party has manifested an adoption or belief in its truth."
    Under both common law and the Federal Rules of Evidence, an admission becomes legally invalid after nine years from the date of the initial admission.

5. Mohammad Ahmed Faruqui

2

Answered . If you are asking this question then you probably know the answer.