If I post annontmously something via my cell phone or tablet on a social website can my ip be traced.

Asked about 1 year ago - Miami, FL

Are u allowed to post insults it truths that are bad about someone without getting in trouble or my opinion that someone a loser

1. Dean George Tsourakis

Pro

4

Answered . Yes it can be traced. Why bother?

2. Maurice N Ross

Pro

5

Answered . Yes it can be traced. Fortunately for you, the First Amendment allows you to express negative, insulting opinions about others. But if you intentionally make false statements of fact, you can be sued for defamation. In the age with the NSA can monitor telephone calls by foreign leaders in Germany and throughout the world, your anonymous rants can certainly be traced. I doubt, however, if anyone would care unless your rants result in some kind of violent criminal conduct.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

4

Answered . Of course your identity could be ascertained. Why risk it? Especially for such a low-end objective.

4. Kevin H. Pate

1

Best Answer

Answered . You can post the truth about someone.
    You can post opinion about someone.
    You can incur legal fees defending that you did nothing wrong.

The first two are free. The third one can get danged expensive.
    Why not just save yourself some hassle, and buy yourself a nicer car and some new clothes instead and truly enjoy that money. Up to you.

5. Daniel Nathan Ballard

3

Answered . Yes, the technology exists that can identify the IP address from which a person posted a comment published on the internet.

6. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, and the loser could be YOU if you do. Attorneys would advise you not to do something illegal like that.

7. Daniel Gary Rosenthal

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, of course they can be traced. Everything you do on the internet leaves logs, and these logs can be court-ordered if someone was going to sue you. This kind of internet forensics is not particularly difficult either.

8. Andrew Mark Jaffe

Pro

1

Answered . Whatever you say in your post, you are asking for trouble. This is America where you can be sued anytime, anywhere for anything.

If the person you are posting about sues you, you will need to mount an expense that will cost you thousands. That is quite a risk for writing a post to get something off your chest.

Do yourself a favor and let it go.