If I plead 'Not Guilty' for a speeding ticket in CT, Is it possible to postpone court date, having personal travel abroad?

Shelton, CT |

Can I postpone the court date, if a personal international travel comes up?

1. Oftentimes you need good cause to adjourn a court date. Good cause is a question of fact decided by the judge. International business travel is a better reason to miss court than a vacation in Europe. You're probably better off just paying the ticket unless other circumstances prevent you from doing that.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.

2. You should retain counsel. They can go to court for you so you don't have to; defend your case the right way; and save you money in the long run. 1-877-99-NO-TIX (1-877-996-6849).

3. You need to hire and attorney so they can inform the court their your attorney. With that being done it's likely your case will be put on a docket some date down the road and you should be able to go on your vacation without any problems.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

4. Usually you can, but if you have an attorney they may be able to resolve the matter for you that day, especially if it is Milford or Bridgeport. Also you do not know of the Court date yet if you have not pled..it is usually a couple of weeks out. Feel free to contact me at attymccabe@gmail.com or call 203-377-4111 if you would like to discuss the specific details. Regards, Thomas McCabe

Traffic tickets topics