If I open my business now in 2013, then I decided to apply for the E2 in 2014, will there be no harm in my E2 application?

Skokie, IL |

Since I will exit (partners will take care of the business for the mean time),provided of course the business is profitable and I already put the needed investment (bank statements provided). I am coming to the US to direct/manage the business in 2014, would this be ok? Anyway my name will be in the business license and I will be paying taxes too...

As long as you own at least 50% of the business, you can exit the US and obtain an E-2 visa in 2014.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

The fact that you exit the US is not a factor.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Ok.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

If your investment in the business pass the marginality and proportionality tests and you'll have "US workers" on payroll, you should be OK. You will also need a Business Plan for the next 5 years of operations.

An E-2 should be best filed with US consulate abroad, rather than USCIS, as I am sure your immigration lawyer has already or will explain to you.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Tax law topics