Skip to main content

If I need a lawyer and I don't have money, will anyone help me?

Nashville, TN |

I am a single mother facing a child abuse. After my daughter's accusations, I have been under investigation of drug abuse, where I live, and my character. Every test that I have taken, have proved against everything my daughter's accusations. I don't have a lot of money, but will doing what I can to make any necessary payments.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If there are allegations of abuse against you and you are indigent, the court will appoint a lawyer to represent you. The court should also appoint a lawyer for the child, called a guardian ad litem, who represents the child's best interest.


If you are in juvenile court, the Judge will likely appoint counsel if you are indigent. If not, there are attorneys who will work out a payment plan with you. Call the local legal aid office and obtain the name of some of the attorneys who they know will work with clients on payments. Or, you can call my office and upon determining more facts, determine if I can help or make a referral for you.

Best wishes.

If you find this answer helpful, please let other readers know by marking the answer as "helpful". No discussion on this board is intended to replace the advice or consultation when all facts are disclosed and pleadings reviewed. No attorney client relationship is established by initiating this discussion with the attorney. For further discussion, I can be contacted by phone at 615-452-4423 or my email at Most consultations are free. My office is located in Gallatin, TN and I am licensed to practice in the state of Tennessee.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer