If i missed the deadline to set a court date for a traffic cititation and now have a capias issued can it be lifted

Lutz, FL |

have a ticked that needed a court date set within ten days

Yes it can be lifted. If you hire an attorney, they may able to get it lifted by contacting the Judge and requesting that if be withdrawn or set aside. Or the attorney may need to file a Motion to Withdraw or Set Aside the capias. It is usually not very difficult in traffic cases. If you would like to schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation, please contact my office at 813-374-0353.

If you only had a traffic citation, it is most likely a civil citation. Your deadline would have been 30 days from the date of the citation. If you were given a criminal citation, the court would set the court date. Go to the clerk's office to determine what kind of citation you have. They can walk you through the process.
You may want to consider hiring an attorney in your area to assist you with this case.

Yes, it can be lifted and normally it can be done within 24 hours. Don't wait any longer, if you get picked up on the warrant, your mugshot will be online and you will have to pay a bond.

Avvo.com answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at www.drivenlegal.com.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets