Skip to main content

If I marry the father of my kids will I be able to fix his papers so he can come back if he was recently deported.

Midvale, UT |
Filed under: Immigration

He was paying his fines and did everything what the judge asked him to do and he recently got deported for all of his charges I talked to an immigration lawyer and his advice was that to marry the father of my kids and the lawyer said that he can work on fighting his charges I just want to know if by marrying him will help to get his paper to come in the u.s

Attorney Answers 7

  1. You need an immigration attorney to figure out whether a waiver is available

  2. A US citizen may petition their spouse for immigration benefits. However a spouse who has been deported from the United States will require a waiver in order to return. I recommend speaking with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss your options.

    Disclaimer: Salvatore A. Falletta - 201 438-5625: This answer found here is general in nature. No attorney/client relationship is formed from this response.

  3. It all depends, only an attorney who reviewed all the documents can answer this question.

    Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

  4. Be careful with making a decision on marriage based on immigration consequences. First, an immigration attorney should not tell you to "get married" to achieve an immigration benefit. Second, a marriage may or not be helpful depending on what his bar(s) to re-entry may be. Consult an excellent AILA attorney to help you and explain the bars to you. www.

    No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see my profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

  5. It appears that your husband is inadmissible to the United States. He might, or he might not, be eligible to ask for a waiver, or pardon, of his inadmissibility.

    In order to figure out if he is eligible to ask for a waiver, you need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

  6. marrying him may or may not help bring him back. As a citizen or permanent resident you can certainly petition for him but you would need an attorney to review his A-FIle to determine the best course of action.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  7. You will need to retain a lawyer to review your situation in detail.

    US citizens can petition for their spouses to join them in the US, but in situations where the alien spouse has already been deported they will need a special waiver. The waivers are generally difficult to get.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics