Skip to main content

If I marry him will he be able to come back?

Tucson, AZ |

My son's father got deported in 2011. He says that if I go to Mexico, marry him, wait for 3 years we can return to the U.S. and that any other children I have in Mexico will also be U.S. citizen. Is there any truth to his statement and where can I find more info on the internet.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. There MAY be truth to his statement but one cannot say without having a LOT more information about him, his immigration and/or criminal history, your own immigration status. I am quite certain you will not find the answers on the internet. Speak with an attorney.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  2. Not enough information provided to answer your questions. Are you a US citizen? Consult an attorney in person prior to your departure. Good Luck!

  3. More information in need. Doconsult with an experienced Immigration Attorney for options.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.